Fully integrated headphone amplifier and DAC. Works with Apple devices using USB Audio transport; also provides up to 24bit/192kHz resolution from computers and Android devices. Play your FLAC and DSD files!
• High quality battery powered headphone amplifier
• Auto-source detect from computers, Android devices and Apple devices
• USB audio resolution up to 16/48 from Apple devices
• USB audio resolution on Mac (natively) or PC (with included driver) up to 24/192
• USB audio resolution on Android devices (using USB Audio Recorder Pro app) up to 24/192
• Larger capacity battery delivers long play time, up to 18 hours while charging Apple devices
• Fully balanced headphone output (4 pin)
• Single ended headphone output
• Single ended analog line-level output (2.1vrms)
• USB mini-A input allows input from computers (USB A to USB mini-B) or Apple devices (use our 30 pin to USB mini-a cable) • High capacity lithium-polymer battery – 8700mAh – isolated AC switching
• Three volume gain settings for all headphone types
• Free PC driver enables 24/192 playback on computers (no driver required for Mac)
The headphone outputs have as close to 0 ohm impedance as possible (less than 1 ohm). The headphone output levels themselves depend upon the gain settings.
With the volume pot set to 100%:
• Single Ended output = 11.3 dB
• Balanced Output = 5.5 dB
• Single Ended Output = 3.5 dB
• Balanced Output = -2.3 dB
• Single Ended Output = -9 dB
• Balanced Output = -14.8 dB
All outputs are the same for single ended and balanced:
• 32 ohm = 205 mW
• 50 ohm = 320 mW
• 300 ohm = 68 mW
• 600 ohm = 34 mW
• <1Ω Dimensions 120mm (136 incl volume knob) x 29mm x 64mm Weight: 10 oz / 0.3 kg Colo: Black See manual for more info and photos of how to assemble your rig
- Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC®
- Beautiful User Guide
- Low profile 30 pin to USB-mini-A sync cable (for Apple)
- Lightning to USB mini-A cable (for Apple)
- USB A to USB mini-B cable (for computer)
- USB micro to USB mini-B cable (for Android)
- Cypher Labs straps to bundle devices for travel
- Switching 100v / 220v gloss black AC charger with heavy duty red cord and right angle barrel plug
- Embossed leather pad to protect devices when bundled
- Small USB female A to USB male mini-A adapter. Use with any standard 30 pin to USB A or Lightning to USB A sync cable. Great when using iPad or need a longer connection.
Theorem 720 DAC® Product Manual
We’ve uploaded the latest PC driver version 1.67 to our site.
Please uninstall the older driver (either ver 1.60 or 1.61) and install the new version 1.67 to receive support for Windows 8. Both the old drivers and this new one support 24/192 files.
If you have both an AlgoRhythm Solo -dB and Theorem 720 DAC, you may need to install the driver for each device, but the second install is only about 1 second. Be patient with the first install.